Sadie

Sadie

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sleepy puppy

Sadie will always be a puppy to me. I often address her as "puppy" or I will say, "Come here, puppy." And some days she still acts like a puppy, full of energy, even if only for brief periods.

But I know she is neither young nor a puppy (nor healthy, for that matter). 

Today she seemed (and looks, to me, anyway) tired. I am hopeful it is just because she spent about an hour on the back patio, not leashed, but barricaded in, with a little room to wander. She so rarely gets to roam freely (not that the cement slab in the back is a huge area). And perhaps the pacing and checking things out wore her out. In any event, in the early evening, she managed to drag the comforter we put on the floor for her several feet across the living room, and she promptly fell asleep. 

I took this picture, just after I crouched next to her sleeping and woke her up. After she sleepily opened her eyes and slightly raised her head, I patted the comforter and said, "Put your cappy down, puppy." 

And she did. 

-TF

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture! She looks so comfortable. Give her a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete