Sadie

Sadie

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sadie and her bed nests

Quite a few years ago, Sadie started moving the bedding when she jumped on the bed. It started rather innocently; like most dogs, she had to move around the bed and walk in circles before she found that spot. But sometimes she just could not get comfortable unless she dismantled the entire ensemble. Often I would find her half buried under some blankets, even though I had already made the bed.

Unfortunately, at some point, she started digging, which was more unfortunate when she had managed to get under the comforter and blanket. This resulted in rips and tears in the fitted sheets. We replaced three or four sets of sheets over the course of a few years; if I could have consistently remembered to keep the bedroom door closed after I had left, we could have probably stopped after the first one.

Recently one evening, I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Because I would be back in my room in about 5 minutes and Sadie was lying on my bed, half asleep, quite contentedly, I figured I could leave her there without fear of real harm. I took her pic, just to see her exact position.


When I returned a mere 5 minutes later, this is what I found.


-TF

No comments:

Post a Comment