Sadie

Sadie

Friday, September 12, 2014

Sadie the pit bull

Sadie is a medium, tan and white dog who is about 13 years old. 

My parents adopted Sadie when she was between 7 and 9 months. It all started when they were at the Humane Society and were looking at some dogs. My mom was walking by a dog and looked over and thought this dog was kind of cute. She moved on to the next group of dogs and liked one of them. She went to the third group of dogs and finally she realized that it was the same dog following her! My mom called my dad over to come look at the dog. His first reaction was not: Wow! I love this dog. Let's get her right away! She's perfect for us. It was more like: That dog is in charge! She kinda looks like a bully. What if she hurts our guests, or more importantly us!?!?

You may be wondering why my dad's reaction wasn't or our kid(s); well, that's because my parents made an agreement that if they get a dog, there will be no kids. Or if they have a kid, there will be no dog or any pets. Well, fortunately they changed their minds, and my dad was wrong! Yes he was W-R-O-N-G! And that's a good thing because if he wasn't, well, I guess then our dog wouldn't have a new home and I wouldn't be here! 

My parents "played" with her and left. Now I know what you're thinking: What?! You left her? That perfect, well-behaved dog? Actually no. Don't worry my parents came back the next day to get her because she had to be spayed. Sadie came home that day. The most wonderful day of her life: 7-1-02 July 1, 2002 (well technically they picked her out on 6-30-02, June 30, 2002.). 

Sadie living happily with her new family for two months.


- J.T. 
(Editor's note: The hub insists he did not say he was afraid of Sadie being a bully. I also did not remember it that way. The kid, however, says she just wanted to put that; it made for better reading, so she thought!)

No comments:

Post a Comment