Sadie

Sadie

Monday, September 29, 2014

Sadie and the baby

When JT was about one week old, the hubs went back to work and my mom left us (she had been staying with us for a week). It was my first time being alone with my baby, and I was quite nervous. Sadie did not help because she kept jumping on me, trying to sniff the newborn. It kind of freaked me out; I had heard all the negative pit bull stories, and now that I had a kid to worry about it, I had, well, something to worry about.

As JT went from a newborn to a full-fledged baby, we let Sadie check her out more regularly. Sadie seemed to get that she needed to be gentle with the baby, and although I would have never left them the two of them alone, once JT was past the newborn stage, I never really worried.

Lip-smacking good!

The above picture makes me laugh. If you did not know Sadie, you might think she was getting ready to eat my baby. That and that my dog is an alien or has eyes a unique shade of blue.

When JT started to eat solid food, it was almost comical to watch Sadie ever so gently try to take food from JT's hand. I put a stop to it most of the time, but sometimes it was just so funny. I would think of how when we first brought Sadie home, she literally ripped a sandwich right out of my hand. But when JT had food on her hand, Sadie was almost methodical, as she slowly tried to maneuver a small morsel while barely touching JT's hand. I wish I had video-taped that.

As JT got older, she and Sadie became buddies. There was plenty of snuggling going on between those two. The played together quite often, and Sadie was a part of many games of dress up. (Clearly, we have not tired of that, years later.)

You make a nice head rest.

The above picture is how the two of them spent a lot of time over the next many, many years. Sadie the snuggle puppy.

-TF

No comments:

Post a Comment