Sadie

Sadie

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sadie, I miss you already.

At just after 6 p.m. this evening, Sadie took her last breath. I was with her until the end, talking gently to her (and crying). I am so glad I was the last face she saw. But it was so very hard. 

When it was over, she looked so peaceful. I rubbed her and told her how much I loved her. It was very hard to leave.

I have been home for about an hour and a half, and I can barely stop crying. At one point my chest felt so tight and it was almost hard to breath. I did not think it would be this hard. God bless the kid; she is taking it so much better than I. 

The house feels empty and lonely, which I know is not the most sensical thing to say or feel when you have people in it. But that is how I feel.

My heart is broken into a million pieces. I know my Sadie is not suffering anymore. But I sure am without her.

I love you, puppy. I will miss you terribly. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Facie. It's such a hard thing, I know. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying for you, Faith. It's so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bluz and Chris. I appreciate it immensely. Thanks for coming along in the ride.

    ReplyDelete